What do I love about his room, you ask? Here we go:
- Blue velvet tufted sofa...I imagine the sofa has been in the family forever and was recovered in this sumptuous color a few years back.
- The combo of the window pane fabric on the chairs with the floral accent pillows reminds me of a sports coat and tie...I'm a sucker for menswear.
- Two rugs...traditional wool knotted rug over the textural sisal creates a beautiful high-low moment.
- Accent fabrics are colorful and unrelated...I often wish I had to courage to do this in my own home but I have a hard time relinquishing control.
- The architecture of this room is shown off proudly...only one window is adorned with drapery.
- And how about that wall sconce? The room is more traditional and then we get this rustic fixture on the wall, yet another high-low moment.