The 5 Keys to Al Fresco Entertaining
1. Beasts of Burden—I don’t expect you to line up a mule pack, but you will certainly need good trays to carry all those goodies out to the patio. Try Juliska’s Berry & Thread Melamine 24” Tray.
2. Inside Out—Just because you’re outside doesn’t mean you can’t use indoor things...think draped & layered tables, dining room chairs and cloth napkins. Build around Juliska’s Basque Stripe napkin.
3. Pest Control—Nobody likes DEET in their pasta salad. Look for natural alternatives like candles and organic sprays to deter any unwanted guests. Try using baking cups as drink covers.
4. Be Practical—Nope, that brick patio is not as forgiving as your dining room floor, so opt out on the fine china and set the table with worry-free dishware instead. Try Juliska’s Isabella Acrylic Drinkware and Melamine Tableware.
5. Hold the Mayo—Trust me, nobody wants potato salad that’s been sitting in the sun for an hour. Instead, focus on less spoil-prone foods and put everyone’s fears to rest. Try oil-based pasta salads instead of mayo.
I'm Dan Brungardt and have been the proprietor and designer at Home at Last for the past 15 years. I'm constantly inspired by the things I see around me and now I get to share them with you!